Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Anybody knows how to open motors in the arms in order to clean inside from beach sand?

Xomax

Reaction score
Anybody knows how to open motors in the arms in order to clean inside from beach sand?
I did a forced landing over a lot of sand because gps lost.

Ok, I will need more info for this issue.
*Do propellers work properly when you start your karma?
*Was it with lot of sand or just some
*How did you tried to clean it

Did you land manually? Was there an option to land on your hand instead?

I think he said "forced landing due to loss of GPS". Sounds like control of the drone was an issue. Someone just posted a pic of the Karma taking off the top of their finger in another thread. Not sure saving the drone is worth the risk. :)

"Arms" for the Karma are about $50 on Amazon or you can purchase them directly from Gopro. They are easily replaced and Gopro publishes DIY videos on Youtube that show you how.

Hopefully, you can figure out how to clean the motors without buying new ones, but I thought I would mention this as an option.

Reactions: Hummingbird
well if the drone was moving chaotically, then it wasn't the great idea.
but if the pilot has a control over the drone and knows how to catch it, it's a valid way to land.

Reactions: Shon
I think he said "forced landing due to loss of GPS". Sounds like control of the drone was an issue. Someone just posted a pic of the Karma taking off the top of their finger in another thread. Not sure saving the drone is worth the risk. :)

"Arms" for the Karma are about $50 on Amazon or you can purchase them directly from Gopro. They are easily replaced and Gopro publishes DIY videos on Youtube that show you how.

Hopefully, you can figure out how to clean the motors without buying new ones, but I thought I would mention this as an option.

7b07eeec326251145e20cb8a168528b4.jpeg
Yip, rule #1 don't touch a spinning propellers! Ouch!

There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old & bold pilots.
Hummingbird Media Productions

Thanks for your answers. I cleaned inside motors and around motors whit a brush for cleaning my computer keyboard. It works, it is very fine for that purpose. Before that, propellers did not function, they were stuck (Three of them) for sand I mentioned here.

The day I flew I did two tests. First no problem, I calibrated the compass ok (the blue circle complete, whitout empty spaces), the second fly I moved a little from my original position, about 100 meters away, and then appears a plane flying around my location and near to the earth, bad idea try to fly in that moment. I could not get GPS, move a little more and finally I got Calibration but the blu circle showed me some empty spaces for fist time since I try this Drone; The result: Lost GPS when flying and then return to home automatically but did not that way, the drone flyes away from me or the original position I take off and force me landing manually and crash over a lot of sand.

Never fly if the calibration shows empty spaces in the blue circle (controles says it is ok, but is not that way).

Reactions: Hummingbird

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS