Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Another Great Day of Flying the Karma Drone

Ironspear

Reaction score
I had another great day flying the Karma yesterday.

This was my 10th outing and each time I have used 3 batteries.

I have only had the one problem with the compass calibration and that was easily solved with moving away from that area and trying again.

I have lost GPS signal twice but each time it was easy to recover (just got to remember to cancel the warning on the controller then you can regain control).

The main problem I am having is that I keep forgetting to start the video recording! LOL.

Thought I had some great shots yesterday, practicing panning etc, then looked down and realised I had forgotten to start recording!!!

I think I will make a small adhesive label and stick it on the controller saying "START RECORDING YOU IDIOT", that should prompt me LMAO!

Love this drone and the images you can get with it.

"Keep on flying!"

I always forget to reset my video settings!

Anyone have a good app for a pre-flight check list? A list I can check everything off and then clear and reuse it again?

You should be able to change the vid settings to 2.7k linear and it will stay that way now. Have a look in settings on the controller. I was always having to reset from 1080p to 2.7k now it stays at 2.7k linear.

Reactions: Shon
You should be able to change the vid settings to 2.7k linear and it will stay that way now. Have a look in settings on the controller. I was always having to reset from 1080p to 2.7k now it stays at 2.7k linear.

I hope that is the case. I was flying last weekend and it kept defaulting to 1080p for me. I haven't flown since the firmware update. Taking a special trip this weekend just to fly! :)

When the drone is in the air you can change the default settings from 1080 to 2.7 etc. I think you go to the video settings and scroll to the bottom of the list and change it to not use the default vid settings. Then it stays on 2.7k linear.

When the drone is in the air you can change the default settings from 1080 to 2.7 etc. I think you go to the video settings and scroll to the bottom of the list and change it to not use the default vid settings. Then it stays on 2.7k linear.
Hi Shon. The app that I use on my iPhone is called Drone Pre Flight. It has check lists for pre flight, start up, landing etc. They are all re-usable.

Reactions: Shon and Ironspear
Hi Ironspear, Why not show us your 2.7k result, as I always use 1080 at 60 fps, with which I am satisfied.

Reactions: MagicA
Hi Ironspear, I’ve only had my Karma out 3 times and had a great time flyer her with no issues. I have read numerous blogs about losing the GPS signals and the drone just flying away. I do monitor the kp level whenever I fly as I have read that this is one of the main reasons that the GPS signal gets interference. Just in case it does happen to me, how do I clear the list GPS message in order to regain control of my Karma?
Thanks,
Vince

hiya Vince. I think you just tap the cross on the screen where the warning is and you can regain control. Pretty sure that is what I did. lol

Hiya James!

I record at 2.7k linear (when I remember to start the recording lol).
I do this so that I have more room to move when doing post production editing eg cropping and zooming video etc. I read it was a good idea to record in a higher mode than what you output. The vids I put on youtube are 1080p. The 2.7k vids are way too large to upload. Even if I did put one up I think you would need a UHD monitor to see it in 2.7k.

It is great now that I do not have to keep changing the settings on each flight as the default was 1080p and I now have it set to 2.7k.

Reactions: Shon
Hi Ironspear, That is very interesting to note. What editing programme are you using? I started out using the GoPro Studio. Now I have found the Wondershare Filmora is more complete, finishing up with the clip in MP4 format.

Hiya James.
I am currently playing around with Adobe after effects.
Still learning all the time though. There are some great vids on YT to teach how to use After Effects.

I keep forgetting to up the video res pre-flight as well...but like ya'll I am having a blast with my Karma the Army has been very generous with the time off lately!).

Hey Ironspear-is the Adobe software worht the cost? I have been using Shotcut (haven't gotten around to learning DaVinci yet) with some success considering my knowledge level.

Hiya b00tl3g.
Not sure about the Adobe SW yet. I am still trying to get my head around usuing it (old triela version I have had for a while and never used). I will have to look at the Da Vinci program too.

"When the drone is in the air you can change the default settings from 1080 to 2.7 etc. I think you go to the video settings and scroll to the bottom of the list and change it to not use the default vid settings. Then it stays on 2.7k linear." <-- you should be able to set your vid settings and change the default to what you want.

Hi Ironspear, That is very interesting to note. What editing programme are you using? I started out using the GoPro Studio. Now I have found the Wondershare Filmora is more complete, finishing up with the clip in MP4 format.

I shoot in 2.7 for the same reason. I use Davinci Resolve 15. It is free, and similar in features to adobe after effects.

Reactions: Ironspear

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS