Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Altitude test :)

Ironspear

Reaction score
For scientific purposes I thought I would see how high I could get the Karma haha.

It became quite difficult to keep track of the drone and keep an eye on the monitor.

I chickened out at 372m!

Reactions: b00tl3g and SurfDog
It says altitude gain of 275 meters. I’m assuming 372m was total altitude?

Either way, much higher than I have ever flown.

hmm yeah allowing for gain the altitude was around 270m.

So its 372m ASL.

I just adjusted the altitude settings, took off the limit.
(maybe you cant do that in the US??)

So its 372m ASL.

FAA wants us to stay below 122 meters. In some places I have flown, like Hong Kong, the limit is even lower.

FAA wants us to stay below 122 meters. In some places I have flown, like Hong Kong, the limit is even lower.

So you cant adjust the altitude above 120m?
Thats a bugga!

We CAN go higher...but it is illegal...now even in class G airspace!

So its 372m ASL.

How did you change that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did you change that?

G'day mate,
Once the Karma is connected to the controller you can enter the settings menu on the controller and adjust them.

Reactions: Shon and Steveatron
G'day mate,
Once the Karma is connected to the controller you can enter the settings menu on the controller and adjust them.

Thank you, going to be crazy next flight. Now to wait for the rain to stop

b052bff2798783e07d33ace190db349f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well done mate.
Be very careful!
Good luck and happy flying!

Hi there! My maximum altitude with the Karma was 356 meters above GROUND. Wasn‘t a big thing. You just need to point your controller upwards, so that the antennas are in the line of sight. Wind was very low and the Karma could hold it‘s position. But be careful! Karma gets up in the air very fast but it takes a long time to get it back down. I underestimated this and ran almost out of battery when returning. Be aware of this.
Video connection was still fine at 356 meters altitude but drop outs started to kick in. But I am shure Karma would have reached above 400 meters.

Hi there! My maximum altitude with the Karma was 356 meters above GROUND. Wasn‘t a big thing. You just need to point your controller upwards, so that the antennas are in the line of sight. Wind was very low and the Karma could hold it‘s position. But be careful! Karma gets up in the air very fast but it takes a long time to get it back down. I underestimated this and ran almost out of battery when returning. Be aware of this.
Video connection was still fine at 356 meters altitude but drop outs started to kick in. But I am shure Karma would have reached above 400 meters.
I found this out too. I was in class G airspace and got her up to about 1700 feet, but the connection got iffy...took a while to get back down.

Yeah that's about the max alt I got today before losing connection.
Just below that altitude is a really great height for aerial photography.

3F63B2F5-3DAB-4463-A597-5EC70C0D980E.jpeg

Flying above the fog this morning. Altitude was not that high as it looks because the fog was very close to the ground and I was upon a hill. But it looks spectacular.
Photo was taken in RAW and finished in Photoshop.

View attachment 318

Flying above the fog this morning. Altitude was not that high as it looks because the fog was very close to the ground and I was upon a hill. But it looks spectacular.
Photo was taken in RAW and finished in Photoshop.

Awesome shot mate.

Reactions: Phobos

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS