Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

35 mph winds

Brakejockey

Reaction score
I was very impressed today with the stabilization in 30-35 mph winds in Woodward, Oklahoma this afternoon. Caught a gust and I was only about 65' high but she recovered nicley.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: YVR
I flew in sustained winds of 35 and i dont think i would push it over that. I was at the beach near water and there is a point where Karma isnt strong enough to return. Although you can dive into the wind and to get it to the ground safely. I would love to try in heavier winds where is was flat and had a big field to test higher capabilities 40-50 without losing it out to sea or in the trees... let me know if you go in any winds higher and i will do the same.

Reactions: Brakejockey
I sure will , like you I need a more open place to try it. I live in East Texas and there is a lot of pine trees gere.

A smart thing to do would be always fly it 'up wind' - that is, into the wind. When the battery's low and it has to head back to you, it'll have wind assist so you shouldn't have a problem.

A smart thing to do would be always fly it 'up wind' - that is, into the wind. When the battery's low and it has to head back to you, it'll have wind assist so you shouldn't have a problem.
That’s a great idea... i shoot a lot of surf and unfortunately the best winds are offshore blowing out to the ocean.

That’s a great idea... i shoot a lot of surf and unfortunately the best winds are offshore blowing out to the ocean.
Both my sons are surfers Shred, so I understand. One advantage of offshore would be less risk of spray hitting the KARMA as you traverse along the front of the wave - so you can get in close! Oh, and don't wait for the Karma lady to tell you the battery's getting low – head back to the beach at six minutes ;-)

Both my sons are surfers Shred, so I understand. One advantage of offshore would be less risk of spray hitting the KARMA as you traverse along the front of the wave - so you can get in close! Oh, and don't wait for the Karma lady to tell you the battery's getting low – head back to the beach at six minutes ;-)
Yeah I noticed it's better to bring mine in off the lake early as well . Almost had a water landing when I waited till she told me!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS